Administration in ImphalImphal was divided into two - Imphal East district and Imphal West district on June 1997. The city of Imphal falls under Imphal West district in Manipur. The deputy commissioner heads the district administration. Elected bodies like municipality, state assembly, judiciary are constituted for proper management and implementation of developmental schemes.
Imphal Municipal CouncilImphal Municipal Council takes all the responsibility towards development of the Imphal city. There are 27 wards under Imphal municipal council. The following strategies are adopted by the council in order to achieve a balanced development of the region.
- Preparing perspective plans
- Allocation of development finance
- To set up alternative growth centers
- To develop infrastructure facilities
- To provide market access and E-commerce
Contact No.0385- 262255 / 262184
Department of Municipal Administration, Housing & Urban Development (MAHUD)A special department of the government of Manipur is MAHUD that has been formed for larger development of the city. Following are the primary duties of the department:
- The department is responsible for all function and programs that are related to Administration of Municipal Council, Small Town Committee and Nagar Panchayat.
- All matters that are related to Administration of the State Town & Country Planning Organization.
- All matters that are related to Urban Development that includes Urban Drainage, Urban Sanitation, Urban Traffic and Transportation and Urban Sewerage.
- All matters that are related to Housing, both Rural and Urban.
- All matters that are related to the Control and Supervision of Planning and Development Authority.
- All matters that are related to administration and Housing Board.
Address: 4th floor, Western Block,
Email Id: email@example.com
Manipur Lok Sabha ConstituencyThe Manipur Lok Sabha constituency comprises of two segments: Inner Manipur Lok Sabha constituency and Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency.
Inner Manipur Lok Sabha constituencyInner Manipur Lok Sabha constituency consists of the following Legislative Assembly segments.
- Sekmai (SC)
- Naoriya Pakhanglakpa
- Mayang Imphal
Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituencyOuter Manipur Lok Sabha constituency is comprises the following assembly segments
- Wangjing Tentha
- Chandel (ST)
- Tengnoupal (ST)
- Phungyar (ST)
- Ukhrul (ST)
- Chingai (ST)
- Saikul (ST)
- Karong (ST)
- Mao (ST)
- Tadubi (ST)
- Saitu (ST)
- Tamei (ST)
- Tamenglong (ST)
- Nungba (ST)
- Tipaimukh (ST)
- Thanlon (ST)
- Henglep (ST)
- Churachandpur (ST)
- Saikot (ST)
- Singhat (ST)
Important names in Manipur GovernmentGovernor
Shri Vinod Kumar Duggal
Shri Okram Ibobi Singh
Shri Thokchom Lokeshwar Singh
Shri P C Lawmkunga